I need to remember a few things for next year. I am going to write them here so that I will hopefully read it and not make the same mistakes I did this year. One of the things I lost after the experience of James dying was my brain. It just slipped out and hasn't returned. Because of this I get overwhelmed VERY easy, especially around this time of year. So next year I will remember not to try to do any kind of projects around this time, even small ones put me over the edge. I needed a babysitter for Jonah on Friday so I could go to Brandon's spelling bee. I was calling everyone I could think of and no one could do it. I about lost it completely! I can now look back on Friday and think, what was the big deal? So next year there will be no projects or no having to do anything that might make me lose it! The other thing I need to remember is to plan lots of fun things. I need to be out with friends for lunch or movies or just hanging out, not home trying to get things done.
Jacob always talks about baby James. Tonight he said the prayer and went on and on about blessing James to have a good birthday, and to have fun in heaven and for us to always remember him and to do everything because of him (he sometimes gets Jesus and James confused). We love it when he says the prayer, I have a hard time not bursting out laughing.
The day has come and gone again and I have made it through another year. Next year I will plan better, I think a nice tropical vacation will be good.
(I can not figure out how to rotate that picture. Sorry, and credit my friend Tiffany for getting that great shot)

4 comments:
Yeah-And what a friend I was for not calling. I thought about you all day, but I was so stressed out from our drive home from Utah County in the snow that I kept waiting till I relaxed, and then time passed . . . I AM SO SORRY!!!!
PS-I can rotate the photo for you, if you want to call or email me with that crazy forgettable password, I'll go in and do it.
I'm sad just reading about your sweet baby James. How do you do it? You radiate positivity. Thanks for being my friend. Movie this week for sure!!
Love ya
Baby James will always be a part of your family and each year the memories will be sweeter than the last. We love you all. Nana and grandpa Peter
Post a Comment