Monday, September 28, 2009
My Morning Journey
Almost every morning for the past several years I have been up on Bountiful Boulevard either running, biking, or walking when I have no energy. I go when it rains or snows, when it is dark in the morning or light. I love getting up and getting my exercising done for the day before I get the kids off to school. The other morning as I was running I started thinking about all of the people I meet. I tell my kids things about people I have never met, but have observed them or their house for so long I feel like I do know them. One lady and I became friends from passing each other so often. She moved to NSL and we don't see each other running anymore, but I see her other places and we still stop to say hi. I ran into an older couple, who are my very favorite that I see, at a store once and we looked at each other for a bit before we realized how we knew each other. In fact I haven't seen them in awhile and wonder what has happened. I pass by neighbors that I know, several groups of ladies chatting away on their walks, the man with the two dogs and his wife three strides ahead of him, the other guy with his dog that stops to stretch in the condos, the couple who ONLY wear University of Utah gear while walking, the super friendly couple, the man who walks with his arm in the air, the couple that no matter how many times I have smiled and said hi they just look at me funny. The list could go on and on the point is so many friendly people and people that I count on seeing and who I miss (and wonder if they miss me) when I take a different path or sleep in. What a great place to live.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
That made me smile.
wow. I miss walking on the vard. Remember how sometimes I'd come say hi to you? :(
Post a Comment