Friday, January 8, 2010

Geography Bee

Last year at this time it was the spelling bee, this year the geography bee.   Brandon won his class bee and so today was the school bee.  We went over some sample questions this week and all I could say to him was, GOOD LUCK!  I couldn’t pronounce some of the countries let alone tell where they were located.  He did very well at the school bee and came in 3rd place!  I am very proud of him.  I think I knew the answer to 2 or 3 questions out of all the lots of questions that were asked.  Random rivers seemed to be the favorite topic of questions, how would anyone ever learn all of the rivers in the world?  Anyways I think he did great and am proud of him.  He asked me this morning that if he ended up in the top 7 would I take him for ice cream, so looks like he and I have a date for tonight!

IMG_1210

As always, Brandon always looks a bit goofy in pictures.  Good thing everyone knows how good looking he is in real life!

3 comments:

Erin Blake said...

That's so cool Melanie! I'll have to embarrass him and congratulate him later.

Tiffany said...

Yeah Brandon. Even though I don't love these types of activities.... I have the spelling bee in a couple of weeks!

Tiffany said...

Yeah Brandon. Even though I don't love these types of activities.... I have the spelling bee in a couple of weeks!