Tuesday, August 23, 2011

So Long Sweet Summer

IMG_3098

IMG_3100

No more swimming with friends.

IMG_3102

No more lazy days of Candyland on the porch.

IMG_3110

Welcome to Jr. High!!!  I keep saying I can’t have someone old enough to go to Jr. High, I still go there!  He was so excited and had a great day.  His only complaint was how hard it is to open his locker.

IMG_3112

And 4th grade????  I can still remember 4th grade so clearly.  He had  a great day as well.  I asked who was in his class and he said, “I don’t know, everyone was too quiet so I didn’t notice.”  His only complaint, “When the fan is by me, all my papers blow off my desk, but when the fan is by Laila I get sooooo hot!”   Going to school in the middle of the summer is NOT a good thing.

IMG_3113

Starting preschool in a few weeks.  His only complaint was, “When are the boys going to be home?”

2 comments:

Rachelle said...

awe! i miss the first day of school.. smell of paper, and freshly sharpened pencils... even the murky smell of the building. Happy birthday by the way!

Lauren said...

Yeah Mel, Happy birthday. You should pretend it's still summer today.... cute boys.