Tuesday, September 6, 2011

The Wedding

I am getting really behind on this stuff!  August 24-25th was Nate and Aliska’s wedding.  A long time in the making, but so worth the wait.  They found out 2 weeks before the date that they didn’t get temple clearance (from Nate’s previous and very short marriage).  They were devastated, but made the most of it.  They were trying to think of a place to get married and I suggested my Dad and Judi’s beautiful backyard.  They loved the idea and Judi loved having a reason to buy more flowers!  This made for a little bit more work for me (in my role as Mother of the groom) but was very nice.  It was a hectic two days, but so much fun. 

IMG_3137

Kids were only invited if they could be quiet the whole time.  Luckily mine could because they would have been crushed to miss it.

IMG_3141

So cute!

IMG_3145

I didn’t get good pictures, but Jonah was the ring bearer.  He was so proud walking up there with the rings tightly in his hand.

IMG_3146

Yiska is Jonah’s best friend.

IMG_3149

And they are both two of my best friends.

I made mexican beans for 250 people for the reception with the help of my dear friend Si.  I would not have survived it without her.  She just acted like it was no big deal and we were done in no time!  I think I deleted the picture of ALL the beans.  Anyways the reception was held at a friends house in Salt Lake.  Beautiful and fun yard.  They wanted a party and a party is what they had.  Taco stand, beans and rice, chips and salsa, churros, a DJ and of course, my suggestion, the mechanical bull!

IMG_3156

Good food and great family!

IMG_3161

Jonah was scared to death when it moved.

IMG_3170

Brando did great.

IMG_3158

Jacob was very good as well.

IMG_3182

I had a blast!!!!

IMG_3188

As did the happy couple.

IMG_3176

Dancing the night away.

IMG_3197

Michael and Nate throwing Brandon in the pool!

IMG_3202

And a firework send off!

Such a fun two days.  I am so happy they are married and Yisk is finally really my sister in law!

2 comments:

Rachelle said...

Wow, that looks like A LOT OF FUN!

Lauren said...

I want to be there. Best wedding ever.