Our annual tree hunt is one of my most favorite days of the year. We had to move the date up a week earlier this year since we will be out of town for Thanksgiving. Saturday was the day. I was so worried we would have to cancel because of a storm, but it ended up being the most perfect day. It was very cold, but I was toasty warm the whole time. The sun was shining and the area was beautiful.
Jonah and Marles
Me and my perfect tree (one of them, I got two this year and I am sooooo excited!)
Bryan not so happy about hauling many trees out of
the woods.
Aliska warming her frostbit toes.
Hauling the many many trees home!
Smuggling one of the trees home since Nate left his permit at home.
The day exceeded all my expectations. I loved it! I probably hiked around the mountain side the equivalent of running 6 miles. It is so fun to just tromp through the snow, stepping over logs, stepping in streams, not having a clue what is under my feet and then chopping down the tree and dragging it to the car. Lot of fun for me.

2 comments:
you and clark griswald :)
I bet BE LOVED it.
You are cute.
Post a Comment