Tuesday, June 12, 2012

The End

It is crazy how quickly a baseball season can come to an end.  Last night was the first night of the tournament for both the boys. Not to sound too prideful, but we all thought we would be playing again this week.  Didn’t happen, both teams played at the same time, which I strongly dislike, I can’t be involved in either game just watching both from middle ground.  Anyways, they both lost.  Kind of were bad games.  So in a matter of minutes our whole season was over, at least with rec ball. 

I was standing talking to a friend and a coach from the Babe Ruth league came up to Brandon and asked if he could play for their team.  He jumped right on that chance and we had another game to watch!  It was so fun to watch him.  Even though we were playing against the team that has about everyone we love playing and coaching!  He was scared at first playing against much older players than him, but he got into his groove quickly and played 1st base the whole game.  He had two great hits and now will not be nervous again.  I went home to grab our dinner and camera and forgot the camera.  I didn’t even take a picture with my phone.  I am so sad.  It made the night much better than it would have been had we all gone home losers!

Baseball is so life consuming and yet I laid in bed last night and could NOT believe it was over.  Makes me sad, good thing I have another week of my snack shack life!

IMG_20120417_182152

Jacob pitching for the minor league Cardinals.

122

Brandon and his major league Diamondbacks. 

IMG_20120608_194018

Jonah and his favorite past time.

No comments: