Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Island Park

We went on my favorite trip last weekend, well actually my second favorite trip. This is the third time we have gone to Island Park with friends on a snowmobiling trip. It is so much fun! I don't even mind the long drive, well I kind of don't mind it, because we are with friends. We left the boys home with my Dad and Judi and they had a great time without us. It was the first time we have left Jonah and I don't think he (or me) was affected by it.

There were 9 couples all together on this trip. We didn't get to stay as long as we have in the past, but we made the most of the short time we were there. The first night we stayed up until 1:00 a.m. (so not me) playing games and talking. It was -18 degrees outside when we moved cabins, we had two cabins with couples in each of them. I didn't mind the cold because we were having so much fun!

Day two was spent eating a yummy breakfast and watching a movie at 9:00 a.m.!!!! When would I ever do that? For lunch we ate at the diner we eat at every time we go. We always make the waitress crazy because we are such a big group. Most of us behaved ourselves and were nice, most of us meaning not Bob Farley! I snowmobiled back to the cabins and loved every second of it. I love to snowmobile. There is something about being out in the beautiful scenery with a very fast machine at my fingertips!



We spent the evening eating and talking and eating and playing games and eating and playing more games. A very intense game of mafia ended the whole group night at midnight. That didn't end those of us in our cabin we stayed up until 2:00 a.m. (again so not me, especially 2 nights in a row!) talking and laughing and ending when I had expressed my opinions a little too much!

Day 3 started with me feeling extremely tired! We had another yummy meal and packed and cleaned up. I hated to see it end, but real life was calling!

While on this mini vaca I was preparing my young women's lesson about "Finding Joy NOW". I kept thinking about how this was so perfect, I was having more joy than I normally do. I had to define the words; fun, satisfaction, happiness and joy for my lesson. I experienced all of those words over and over. All of those words describe my expectations of each day and it was nice to have a good reason to experience them!

We arrived home in the evening of Valentine's day and I thought, who cares about valentines day? I just had the best gift I could have asked for. At 8:56 p.m. I turned off my light by my bed and was the last in the house to go to sleep!

P.S. I didn't get very good pictures, my camera sat on a table and I kept thinking I should take more pictures, but I didn't.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Tough life you have! Even tougher if everyday includes fun, satisfaction and joy!!!!

Cindy said...

How fun! I am so jealous. I love snowmobiling. Isn't it so much fun to have friends who do stuff. I totally had that same lesson in YW and I was totally thinking how it really does make all the difference to always enjoy the here and now.