Last week was the biggest week of summer around our house. The Bountiful parade and fireworks are the highlight of summer. I go every year to put out chairs for the parade. As a rule I WILL NOT go before 6:00 a.m. This year was ridiculous. People slept over and most around me had gotten there at 4:30 a.m. I luckily got a fairly most of the time shady spot. After I came home I said this may be the last year I do this. Of course then we had so much fun at the parade I can’t imagine not going. We went with the Sowby’s and had a great time watching Megan and Ellie in the parade this year. Jonah loved every minute of the parade. He was fascinated by the whole thing. We then raced to the Murdock’s for their annual barbeque. This is Bryan’s favorite thing of the whole year, when people ask him why he says it is a culmination of what summer should be. We love the Murdock’s and love hanging out in their backyard. We wish our backyard was like theirs, it isn’t but luckily the Murdock’s are so nice we pretty much can go hang out anytime we want to. The food and company was excellent just like it is every year. Mo Mo is a great host! Some of my family joined us back on our top deck for the fireworks. We claim to have the best view, just like all of our neighbors claim they have the best view. It is so fun to watch them at eye level. We had a great time hanging out and visiting until WAY past my bedtime!
By the time it was actually the 24th we didn’t do anything. We took the boys to the park for the handcart days celebration, usually I send them with Bryan, but I thought I would go with them. It was so hot I think next year I will just send them with Bryan again. Jonah loved going on the train ride. We went to a dollar movie in the afternoon and then everyone went to bed early, perfect!
Saturday evening we met my brother and sister-in-law at her parents country club (yes I know, we are so upper class) and swam. It was so much fun. I said I need about 12 more days of swimming this summer. We ate by the pool and stayed until it closed. Then we went to their house and did some fireworks. What a great day. How can I figure out how to do this every day???
Last night we hung out in our front yard until the Beck’s invited us over to roast marshmallows in their fire pit. I can now say that I have loved summer. If only every week could be like this one I would be so happy.
Now back to real life this week! And don’t remind me that summer is quickly coming to an end.

4 comments:
summer is quickly coming to an end.
It's the highlight of the summer for us too! We love it that you come over and share this day with us and that you are the best neighbors ever!!! Come over any time!
Shock! I've never been able to post a comment before on your blog! You'll be hearing a lot more from me.....love reading about your "Life With Boys". It's a good life, Mel.
Can you believe how fast summer is going?? School starts in THREE WEEKS.
Post a Comment