Today I went to Brandon and Jacob’s parent teacher conferences. First I went to Brandon’s where his teacher Ms. Trimble went on about how smart he is and what a good person he is and all of that. She then says maybe something he can work on is his handwriting and working slowly. Yep, exact same thing that has been said since he was in Kindergarten. She said well maybe he can accomplish these things by 6th grade.
Next we were off to Jacob’s teacher, Ms. Halverson. I still can’t comprehend that Jacob is in 2nd grade. In my mind he is still in Kindergarten. Anyways she told me what a wonderful student he is and how smart he is and what a good example he is to others and on and on (she actually started to cry while talking about him). Well I was very pleased because I never am quite sure how Jacob acts away from home. So she then says maybe something he can work on is his handwriting and working slowly!
I had to hold back my laughter. So I have two very smart boys who both do not have good handwriting and try to do everything too fast. Where does this come from? I have pretty good handwriting and I am quite slow at everything I do. It must be a boy trait. I am quite excited to go to Jonah’s in several years and see if he also has bad handwriting and works too quickly!

2 comments:
SEP stands for Student (Jacob or Brandon) Educator (The teacher) Parent (YOU!).
Maybe it is a boy thing. Luke needs to slow down too. As for Megan...she needs to...SPEED UP. She is so particular about her work, that she will even stay in from recess to make sure her math is just right!
This made me laugh :) loved it. OHHhhhhh Trimble.
Post a Comment