Friday, November 6, 2009

Week in Review

Just thought I would catch myself up on the week.  For starters we have had the most INCREDIBLE weather.  Remember how I don’t complain about the weather anymore?  Well even if I did, there would be no complaining going on.  It has been fabulous to be outside in the warm sun and enjoy everything about fall.

Brandon was the lead in his class play.  I have been told by other students that Brandon is the teachers pet.  This could be a good thing or a bad thing.  I think it is a good thing this year.  So I wasn’t surprised when he came home telling me he was the lead and had to memorize 42 parts!  He did a great job and it was fun to watch him.  He had a little cold at the beginning of the week and the teacher told him NO MATTER what, he had to come to school on the day of the play.  He felt just fine so it wasn’t an issue.

IMG_0973

We played a lot with the Sowby’s as well.

IMG_0982

Lunch with friends, always makes my week.  Too bad I don’t have a picture.

And lastly we enjoyed a Guy Fawkes party last night at the Unwin’s that was SO much fun.  It is an English holiday that we join in with the Unwin family to celebrate.  We ate delicious food, did fireworks and ended the night playing Beatle’s rockband, and a side note to my friend Erin, we played with 5 people and YOU MUST GET IT!

Guy Fawkes

(This is a TERRIBLE picture of Tiffany and I, but I guess that is what we look like when we are trying to sing!)

And I am debating whether to voice my opinion (complaints) about daylight savings ending.  It does not affect some people’s children (Tiffany), but mine are still waking up at 6:40 a.m. instead of a more reasonable hour like 7:40 a.m.!  Makes me a little bit crazy, luckily we will be back to the nice time savings in the spring!

O.K. last thing, I promise.  I made apple butter last night with the apples that are STILL in my tree so if my little Shoko is reading this she will have a jar waiting for her when she gets home in December!

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

Glad you aren't complaining about the weather anymore. Wish you could have borrowed my camcorder for the play. The swing picture is very cute of the kids. Guy Fawkes day was very fun. As for daylight savings. My kids have been waking up early, but it doesn't bother me like it does you...

Unknown said...

lunch with friends is a good thing. love you. even though you hate me now...oh, and NOW i know why Brandon grabbed the microphone on Sunday. SO cute. He got a little taste of the spotlight at school- A budding star!

Chris aka Nana said...

Glad you are always so supportive of us and our parties even when we just party for party sake! Um what can we celebrate next? We love you guys.