I love surprises. I love being totally taken away with a gift or any other kind of surprise. The problem is that very rarely happens. I always seem to see something that gives away the surprise. A few years ago near Christmas I was in the garage looking for a box and came across my Christmas presents, I was so mad! This year Bryan made sure to tell me where my presents were hid so I wouldn’t accidentally come across them, and it is a good thing he told me because I probably would have come across them. I don’t want to know where the boys have been shopping, I don’t want presents under the tree before Christmas (because then I can tell what it is), I never found out what the sex of my children were, I just want to be surprised.
So Monday evening I was driving home from my sister’s house. I was facing west on 1800 waiting to turn on my street when what does appear??? Bryan coming up 1800 and turning on our street with a BRAND NEW road bike on his car, for me, for Valentine’s day. I was so upset. I pulled into the driveway beside him while trying to keep me eyes closed. Poor Bryan thought I didn’t like the bike and was mad, but I was just so mad that I didn’t get to be surprised. He was going to give it to me early so I could ride it, but maybe not just have me see it. I just couldn’t believe that I was driving home at the same time he was bringing it home. (that will teach him to not call and check where I am before bringing something home for me)
Anyways I love my new bike. I took it for a little 6 mile ride yesterday evening and was gliding…and freezing. I am doing a duathlon in St. George in two weeks. No more being way behind everyone while I hoof it out on a mountain bike, not that I minded doing that. Bryan has been wanting to get me a bike since last summer and he couldn’t wait any longer. I am very excited about it, but just wish I could have been surprised, at the right time.

4 comments:
You crack me up. I like to be surprised to and so I know what you mean! The worst is when someone tells you they have a surprise for you. That drives me nuts. Just give it to me when you're ready (Christmas, birthday etc) So excited about your duathlon thing! And cool beans about the bike :)
Aaaaaawwwwwwssssssoooooommmmmmeeeee!!!!!!
I sure hated watching you hoof it out on that mountain bike --even though you never complained.
My turn! Boooooooooooobbbb!
That is such a cool gift! What a great guy Brian is! Sorry about having the surprise spoiled! There is nothing better than a good surprise!
I totally hate Valentine's day but it is a pretty cool excuse to get a new ride. Maybe this year we'll actually make it on a bike ride together.
Post a Comment