The baseball season is winding down for us. This week is the tournament and then the season ends. It feels like it hasn’t started because SO many games have been rained out. Now, unless it is POURING they play the games because there is no time for make-ups. It has been a fun season for both boys.
Today is devoted to Jacob. Jacob is a really good athlete. He is good at all sports and just seems to have a natural ability. He is the type of player who while playing pitcher and the ball rolls past third base, he is over there retrieving the ball and throwing it to 1st. He plays machine pitch so people don’t get too upset over him playing all over the field. Well he has had a good season and last week got asked to try out for the All Star team. We realized it is only machine pitch, but were still excited for him. They had try-outs on Saturday in the cold and wind. Bryan and Brandon both came home and said if he doesn’t make it then something is wrong with the system. Last night I was walking to the field from a farewell party and as soon as I got in sight of the field I saw Jacob waving from the pitchers mound. I then heard “Mom, I made the all star team”.
Yes we are naive and this is our first all star player, but we are very excited for him. People have made a lot of negative comments about it, but we don’t care. My brother Nate always wanted to play on the all star team, but in those days only the coaches sons made the team and my Dad didn’t coach. So this is Jacob living Nate’s dream. We can’t wait for him to get home from his trip around the world to tell him.
So a big congratulations to my All Star Jacob!!!! At the end of the school year assembly he was awarded with the friendship award. He and his friend Laila received this award in their class. I was so proud of him. I am pretty proud of my good friend and good baseball playing son.

3 comments:
Love Jacob. Love you. Love playing Baseball. Great post. Congrats to everyone :)
Yay! Congratulations Jacob. That's awesome.
Wow! So awesome, Jacob! Congratulations! Yes, there's lots of negative to say about All-Stars, but if your dad isn't coaching and you're on the team, that just means you're GOOD!!! Nice job! Have a fun All-Star season!
Post a Comment