Things have been a bit busy around here. All of the end of school/beginning of summer activities have kept us going strong. The first official day of summer vacation was Monday and what better way to start off than with another birthday!
Brandon was sure he would want to sleep in, but I got home from biking and he was awake and ready to open his presents! He was thrilled with everything he received. A sleeping bag, batting gloves, under armour among other fun boy things.
We spent the morning enjoying being outside in the fabulous weather. He wanted to go to the Gateway for lunch so we met Bryan at Rumbi. We then wandered around Gateway going in all of the “boy” sports stores with Mom only popping into her favorite stores for a moment.
When asked what he wanted for dinner he replied, that pizza on the cover of your magazine. Perfect for me, I had wanted to make the Pizza Margherita. Well lets just say that I spent a lot of time making it perfect and when it was time to put it on the pizza stone it fell apart and made a HUGE mess. We had globs of pizza and salad instead.
Brandon (well all my kids) are good sports when I mess up on things and he thought it was perfect. At least the cake made him really smile.
He blew out the candles and raced off to his baseball game. He didn’t have one of his better games, but he still loved having a game on his birthday.
He finally is 11, just as his friends are ready to turn 12. What a great birthday for a great boy.
Birthday #2….done.

2 comments:
Happy birthday Brandon! Glad he had a good day. Sounds like a fun day without having to deal with a birthday party! The cake looks good and the pizza looks like a valiant attempt. (I won't mention the part about me cringing when you got home and he was already awake. I had to go to the store early on Megan's birthday and I panicked the whole time I was there that she would wake up while I was gone. But then again, this is all coming from the girl who started out every birthday on my parents bed, and my children do the same...)
Only a couple more birthdays to go. (We won't even think about yours just yet...)
Brandon is so sweet. And so are you. making a pizza for his b day. I bet it tasted great. I LOVE Marg pizza. We need to go to Settebello.
Post a Comment