Friday, August 13, 2010

The end

After learning that Jonah’s binkie sucking had caused his teeth to move, I set a date to be done.  The date was August 12th.  We built it up for a week and then last night he came to an end.  I say “he” because binkie has always been a “he”.  I have said before how his froggie binkie has been a life saver.  So here it is, Jonah and his froggie binkie through the past 3 years.

IMG_1503

(yes, I would coordinate frog blanket and hat with froggie binkie)

IMG_1888

IMG_2349

I LOVE this picture.

IMG_0441

I love this one almost as much.

IMG_0877

Probably should have gotten rid of it around this time of his life.

IMG_2035

And then yesterday, I let him have it all afternoon.

IMG_2039

He was so excited, but didn’t understand what was happening.

IMG_2040

Brandon wanted to do the honors.  We cut the tip off so he can still hold the froggie part.

IMG_2042

And this is what it tasted like after trying it in his mouth.

I admit I got teary eyed as we did it.  He loves his binkie, I have loved his binkie, my little Jonah baby is growing up!  He had a hard time going to sleep, but managed to chew on part of the part that was left.  Hopefully he will still take naps!

4 comments:

C.LEE said...

I dread getting rid of Sadie's! She has hers all day long and it is awful on her teeth.

Tiffany said...

I guess I have lucked out that three of my five have been finger/thumb suckers and there is no damage to their teeth! But, on the flip side, I can't exactly cut the tips of their fingers/thumb off...

Brooke Shoko said...

this is so sad.
like something that should have its own music video.

Laur said...

A. Brooke's comments crack me up.

B. I love you Melanie Evans

C. That is the cutest little boy in the world. Please tell me I can come visit you because I have no life now.