My BFF and her Mom and Sister-in-laws are talented, crafty, sewing kind of girls. They get together every once in awhile to work on projects. I attend the gathering and eat, talk, laugh and watch. Well last Friday was a “sewing” day. I was asked several times what I was working on, and my reply was, “nothing”. Well Tiffany and Cindy needed to go to JoAnn’s fabric store to get some items so I went along. I had mentioned it would be fun to make car seat covers for Bethany’s new twins. Well we walk in and Tiffany sees a friend who has her car seat with a cover she had made. Tiffany and Cindy instantly scout the cover out and declare that I would be able to make them easily. So their trip to get stuff ends up with me buying fabric and ribbon. I had not much of an idea how to do that. So with their careful instruction and overlooking eyes I was able to make not one but two car seat covers in one afternoon. O.K. really I only made one and Tiffany made the other, and she had to sew the ribbon on both. I couldn’t believe I made such cute things. I was so thrilled to take them to Bethany that night as I went and took a night shift with the babies.
I think they are darling, but don’t ask me to make any on my own because I would not know how to do it! I better start planning what I will make at the next gathering, because apparently I can sew.

4 comments:
Yes and what a grand job you did too!
Nice job, Melanie! Those are adorable!
Aaah! I love, love, love them! They turned out very nicely, even if I do say so myself!
Hi Melanie, I hope you don't mind my "blog lurking" but... I was reading Tiffany's post about her and Mike's romance and I left her a comment asking if you married the guy in the pictures. I decided to "pop" over and find out for myself :-) as I scrolled down I came across this post... I am making a carseat cover tonight, for my very first time as well. Yours turned out great, I feel encouraged! Thanks for sharing :-)
Post a Comment