I don’t have a dog, that is why I can wear a shirt that says it. Although if I did have a dog I would hope that I loved it. I always grew up with a dog and I really like them, but I don’t want a puppy. I am just coming out of the baby stage and I am not ready for that commitment. I always tell my boys that when Jonah is 7 I will start thinking about a dog. In the meantime we have the perfect situation. We babysit other peoples dogs. It works out great. We get to have a dog here and then we send it home.
Our usual dog guests are Marley and Bentley. Marley is Nate’s dog and Bentley is his girlfriend Aliska’s dog. We LOVE these dogs. Marley just turned 9 last week and Bent is 4. They are the cutest. Marley is starting to show his age and it breaks my heart. He was the cutest little puppy and now he is the most adorable “horse”. My favorite thing about Marles is that he loves me. He wants to be wherever I am. If I am working in the yard then he is right there with me. He has these inquisitive eyes that some say look like he needs glasses. He really is my favorite dog. I like Bentley too, she just doesn’t have the history that Marley and I do. We had them for 6 weeks this summer and that was great. Yesterday Jonah got in his toy car and said, "Bye mom, I am going to the store to get our dogs more pears". They have cleaned out all the pears they can reach and the apples that have fallen as well.
We also have had the chance recently to babysit Jeff and Caitlin Beck’s dog Crew. He is a very cute yellow lab that is still a puppy. I forgot he was still so young.
He chewed up my hammock. I thought it would still be O.K. and then I laid in it with Jonah.
I thought is was funny, Jonah didn’t. My dear Jeffrey sent me a new one this week.
Our neighbor dogs Charlie and Jack are pretty fun too. I was in charge of Charlie for 2 weeks this summer and we bonded. Jack and I are going to be great friends. He is one smart puppy!
Until I break down and get one for our own I will keep loving these other dogs. If my BFF has made it reading this far, I know she is for sure gagging.

2 comments:
As I was reading this I kept trying to think of a clever comment to make, and then at the very end, I see that you already beat me to it, by mentioning me...
Of course I don't understand this post. I dislike dogs and nearly every other animal. Actually you can scratch that. I dislike all animals. (Except for cows and pigs...I LOVE steak, hamburgers and bacon.)
Melanie, you are awesome!!
Post a Comment