I am referring to yesterday. Let me paint a little picture of how my day went. Up early to bike and run (last week of training before my big olympic distance triathlon). So I am biking away on a quiet street in Farmington when I notice something fall off my bike. My little computer thing had fallen off and landed in the gutter next to me which of course was running with water, the only gutter with water in it on my whole ride. I turned around to get it and as I leaned down to pick it up my phone fell out of my pocket and landed in the water as well. Perfect! On I went and finished my 22 mile ride and 3.5 mile run. As I got home my phone was vibrating, not turning on, not doing anything just vibrating.
I quickly showered, cleaned the house up a bit, got Brandon off with Bryan to his game, then ran to Costco with Jacob and Jonah to look into getting a new phone. I ran in couldn’t decide what to get, realized they have a 90 day guarantee on any phone so picked one to buy. Kind of takes a long time to do that. So I am walking out trying to figure out who a text was from, since I didn’t have any numbers saved on my SIM card, I thought I did. Anyways get in the car and realize it is 1:25, I am in Bountiful and Brandon’s very first football game starts in 5 minutes in Sandy. I freak out and drive as safely as I can, all while crying because I can’t believe I am going to be late to his game. I got there a mess and Bryan assured me that he hadn’t played yet and Brandon was just fine. Now realize I forgot my camera. Anyways his team lost, but he LOVED it. He said it was the best game of any sports he has played. It was so fun to watch him. He did exactly what he was supposed to and had fun.
After his game Brandon and I raced on to Provo for the BYU football game. I was so tired I could barely stay awake to drive, I know not safe. We parked in some random place and as we walked and walked and walked to the stadium I thought, maybe we should switch to being Ute fans, because of the drive. We had a blast at the game. I saw darling Spencer Blake which was so fun. Cougars won, I woke up a bit. Getting out of Provo was a little difficult because I got lost, I don’t know what I did. We finally found our way, got some food and headed home. As I passed downtown SLC and realized I had been on the road and at the game for more hours than I had sleep the night before I looked up at the hillside and thought, ya it would be a lot easier to be a Ute. Don’t get too excited My Foster, it was just a tired thought!
Oh and as we were heading home my old phone, which was in the bag from my new phone, came to life. So I can at least retrieve all my info and possibly take my new one back!

4 comments:
Wow Mel. I am way proud of you for how disciplined you are! And I am glad you aw Spencer!
Oh dear.
Haven't ever tried this, but have heard baking your phone works when it gets wet. Obviously not at 350 for an hour...
yes, you know it is easier to be a Ute fan when you are looking at the commute. We can get you some tickets and red shirts. Just say the word.
Oh Melanie! What a crazy day!
Good luck with your Tri --you are amazing!!!
Post a Comment