Friday, October 14, 2011

Part 2

Din-ee-yand!!!!!!

This post is making me recall my days of scrapbooking too much. And I should mention I strongly dislike scrapbooking. I am not creative and I don’t know which pictures to use! Since this is my journal and scrapbook, I am feeling the same way.

Bryan had a microsoft conference in Anaheim which is why we went in the first place. An odd time to take the kids out of school for a week, but I am so glad we did. The boys and I got 3 day park hoppers. We stayed at the Residence Inn just a few blocks from the park and walked back and forth everyday. Brandon and Jacob mentioned they were glad we go on walks as a family so much because it made the walk back and forth and through the whole park not a big deal.

IMG_3290

Monday was the first day we went. We got in and headed to Space Mountain, but stopped at the Buzz Lightyear ride on the way.

IMG_3268

Can you see the fear and tears in his eyes? I guess I should have prepared him for what rides were like. He spent the whole first day a little unsure of everything.

IMG_3270

Waiting to go on Autopia made him much happier.

IMG_3275

Small World….happy.

IMG_3285

Haunted Mansion…not so much.

IMG_3292

Parade….LOVED it.

See, now I am stuck. There are hundreds of pictures I want to post, but I don’t know which ones to chose. O.K. this may take awhile.

2011-10-06 001

Monday night Brandon, Jacob and I went back to the parks while Jonah stayed with Bryan. I wanted to be able to go on some of the big rides. We had a BLAST on Tower of Terror and Grizzly Rapids or something like that. I was a wimp after one time on the rapids and wouldn’t go again with the boys…it was late, cold and I was wet. I instantly regretted that decision. (I had to throw in a picture of Jacob with the Hollywood sign behind him.) The pictures on tower of terror are hard to see, but Jacob’s face in them will forever be ingrained in my mind……so so funny.

IMG_3302

Tuesday morning started out raining. Luckily I had an umbrella in the car and we all had brought sweatshirts. It dampened our day for a bit and then was awesome. We went on Splash Mountain, the best ride ever created, over and over. One of the times Brandon and I were on it and when the ride ended the operator said, “One more time?” It was like a dream come true. There were people waiting, but he let us just go again. Brandon and Jacob took turns waiting at the end of the ride with Jonah. Well and I took my turn waiting also.

2011-10-04 002

Jonah could have ridden on Dumbo, the carousel and autopia over and over and over and over again. I couldn’t have.

2011-10-03 001

Tuesday night Bryan got to go to a private microsoft party at Disneyland, ya they had rented it out. Plus being there after hours he also got all the churros, popcorn and mickey mouse ice cream bars he wanted! We were so jealous. That was the only time he got to spend at D-land, not fair for him.

Wednesday we got RAINED out. When I say it was raining, I mean it was pouring and pouring and it was so so cold! I went out searching for ponchos to buy and after not being able to get any and realizing it was going to rain all day I texted Bryan and asked if we could please stay longer the next day. I finally convinced him we could make it work. So we spent Wednesday roaming around a mall, taking naps and playing UNO over and over again.

2011-10-01 001

Thursday was beautiful, sunny and warm. I started getting texts from friends at home telling me it was snowing. I was glad to be where I was! We crammed as much as we could in our short day. Tricking Jonah into going on the Matterhorn, autopia to make up for it, Toy Story Mania, every kids ride we could find at California Adventure, one last time on Tower of Terror…..so sad to see it go.

That evening we loaded into the car and drove to St. George. Luckily our great friends the Bingham’s let us sneak into their house late at night, sleep in warm comfortable beds and then sneak out early in the morning. Then drive and drive on home watching the temperature get colder and colder!

We had such a great time. The best part of the whole trip was not having to follow any kind of schedule. The only thing I had to think about was what ride should we go on next………….

4 comments:

Lauren said...

Oh my fun! :)

Unknown said...

Dineyand! How fun. You are the perfect mom to go with. How fun. I love it there. Glad you got to go, and BE got a little time there too :)

Unknown said...

Seriously, if you werent younger than me, I would want you to be my mom. :D

Kimi said...

You are so funny. I can just picture you begging and persuading Bryan to pleeeeeeaassssseee let you have more Disney time.

You're the best!