Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Vacay Part 1

The first part of our Disneyland vacation was actually a friendship tour.  We were able to visit 3 different families that have moved away from us and that we miss. 

First stop as we headed out of Utah was to Lance and Heidi Bingham’s home in St. George.  So worth the detour off the freeway to get to see them and their cool house.  I can’t even talk about them without crying.  Love them!!!!

IMG_20111001_175646

Next stop after spending a night in Ontario, CA was to La Canada to the Blake’s new home.  Erin graciously fed us lunch and we were able to talk and talk and talk.  Brett also took us on a little tour of their city and to show Brandon the Rose Bowl.  It was so great to see where they live and hear what life is like.  I will no longer complain about how much I had to pay to register Brandon for Jr. High!  So fun to see Maddie and Ali, they are beautiful and amazing girls.  Kate sang Disney Princess songs to us the whole time, so darling.  Sydney was great as well.  Someone I hadn’t prepared myself to see was Rudy, the dog, we miss the times Rudy spent in our backyard and the times I would drive him home.  It was such a great way to spend part of our vacation.  I could have stayed several days just talking with them.  They are an amazing family and the kind of people I want to be around.

IMG_20111002_132848

IMG_20111002_132952

IMG_20111002_132613

IMG_20111002_132651

2 potential weddings from this group!

Last, but not least on the friendship tour was a quick drive over to Pasadena to see Casey, Cindy and Lucy Unwin.  I loved seeing them and their apartment.  We didn’t get anywhere near enough time with them.  We talked non stop for the short time we were there.  They are so fun and we love talking to them.  We miss having them around a lot.  We know we will get to see them over the years as they come home to visit family. 

IMG_20111002_145518

Last on the friendship tour was our good friends from The Office.

IMG_3257

IMG_3259

IMG_3260

So super cool!  Thanks to Casey and Cindy for telling us the address of where they film our fav TV show.

Now as soon as I can get through all my 200 Disneyland pictures, I will post Part 2!!!

3 comments:

Melwel said...

ahhhhhhh...you had toooo much fun!!!

Erin Blake said...

:) :) :)

Kimi said...

You and Heidi = two faces at which I love to gaze.

Superjealous that you got to see the Blakes. Can't you just not ever get enough of them? Me too.

I don't think Jonah should marry Rudy. But I do think he should marry Kate.

You're funny for going to the Office, but I totally would have, too.

Glad you had fun and can't wait to see more pics!