I love going on vacation. I need one at least once every few months to keep me going. Last week Bryan was so bothered by the cold weather (I haven't noticed it too much this year)that he needed to go somewhere warm right now! His first choice was to go to Phoenix to visit his family, but just thinking about an 11 hour drive changed our mind quickly. I looked into condos that we get very cheap through my Dad and found one in Las Vegas. So off to Vegas we went! Before I booked the condo I checked the weather to make sure it was going to be warm, yep 70 degrees.
Now this really is a two part blog. First about vacations and second about how much I strongly dislike driving for long distances.
So off we go driving to Las Vegas. I was a wreck the whole drive. It scares me, I get soooooo bored, I eat and eat and eat just for something to do. Bryan isn't the most talkative person so conversations don't last very long. I can't fall asleep becuase I am too worried that the person driving might fall asleep. I kept telling Bryan if he didn't drive carefully I would never drive on a trip again! He isn't a bad driver, my reflexes are just about 2 seconds faster than his. So anyways it was a long 6 hour drive.
We spent 3 days in Vegas and the weather wasn't as warm as I had hoped for. It was 68 the first day, 63 the next, and 55 and raining the third day. The boys still swam in the very cold pool, I ventured in it with them for about 5 minutes. We spent a lot of time in the hot tub. We went to an aquarium at a casino that was really neat, Brandon and Jacob especially liked the huge sting rays. We also went to M&M world, wow 4 floors of M&M stuff!
From the second we walked into the condo Jonah said "out", he then proceeded to say "out" every few minutes for the whole trip. We all took turns taking him "out" for a walk, if someone said "out" accidently, out they went with him. We decided it is lucky we don't live in an apartment, he might go crazy!
Besides the weather not being fabulous we had fun, except for the part where the boys woke up very early and I was tired the whole time. We decided not to travel west of Utah, becuase of the time zone change. My boys wake up at 7:30 a.m. no matter what time they go to sleep, so this translated into 6:30 a.m. Vegas time.
The drive home was pretty much the same, me worried and eating up a storm. Jonah cried for about an hour of the drive, Brandon and Jacob were content watching movies. By the time we go on another driving vacation I will probably forget how much I don't like it!

2 comments:
I'm just glad you are back. I eat and eat on long car rides too. It's the best!
I had to go to the dance all by myself. Wayne was in Florida-- my other date, you, were in Las Vegas. What's up with that?
'One every few months.' Give me a break-you're going somewhere again this week. Try having my life-a husband that works too much and no one volunteering to watch my kids for more than one night!
Post a Comment