Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother’s Day and Week!!!!

I just read my friend Melinda’s blog about how she doesn’t think of herself on Mother’s Day and how that is the one day of the year that she cooks.  Now Melinda and I are similar in many areas, BUT this is NOT one of them!!!

Mother’s Day is ALL about me and ONLY about me and I LOVE IT!!!!!

My day started with Bryan getting up with Jonah at 6:30 a.m. (because Jonah has decided that he can wake up that early) and me sleeping in until I heard Jacob sneak in to check if I was awake, I was trying to be awake.  I then was presented with breakfast in bed and presents.  I love breakfast in bed (unlike Melinda), I had Jonah on my lap eating most of my french toast and Brandon, Jacob and Bryan waiting patiently for me to eat so I could OPEN UP MY PRESENTS!!!!  Bryan loves to shop for me so I always get great things.  And Brandon and Jacob had made the CUTEST cards for me.  We then went on a nice walk and everyone tried to be nice to each other because it was Mother’s Day.  Church was great, the young men sang which was so darling and the talks were so great.  The primary also sang, minus Jacob who had fallen asleep and would NOT go up there.  Brandon acted like he was way too cool to be up there, I turned to Bryan and said, he has 2 more years of this, he can’t act too cool already!

The evening was spent with my family all over for dinner which Bryan and my brother in law made.  I didn’t do anything, just gave bits of advice here and there.  I talked to 2 of the best missionaries in the world, Ryan and Brandon Beck.  It was so great to hear their voices.  My family sat around talking and the kids ran around like crazy.  What a nice day and a great way to be appreciated.

Maybe if my Mom was still alive I wouldn’t be so selfish on Mother’s Day, but I doubt it.  I loved all the cards I got from my boys saying how bootiful I am, and how I wish I could be famous and also how is wish I could be alone(?????).  And the best part ab0ut Mother’s Day is that is doesn’t end there!  Since we have been married Bryan has done Mother’s Day Week.  Either the week before or after depending on how busy he is, I get pampered for the whole week.  No cooking for me, no laundry or cleaning (well that used to be the case, but there is no way he would have time to do the laundry or cleaning).  I get surprises each day.  This year each day is going to have a theme so I am anxiously awaiting what each day will bring!

3 comments:

Melwel said...

wow....Mother's day week...now that's an idea worth mentioning...

I'm glad you had a great day

Erin Blake said...

yea Melanie! Bryan is a good man.

Tiffany said...

It's all about trade-offs!