Saturday, May 9, 2009

Saturday is a special day

I have out done myself today and I just need to congratulate myself!

I ran the Race for the Cure this morning, while pushing Jonah in the stroller.  I finished just a mere 4 seconds after my goal time, I figure I spent several seconds maneuvering the stroller around people and apologizing for bumping into them!  I love this race, it is so inspiring to watch the many teams and individuals who are running for someone in particular.  You see so many interesting people, men wearing pink bra’s, girls in tutu’s and several people with pink hair.  I had a great time along with 20,000 other people who were a part of the event.

I came home and luckily Jonah had fallen asleep in the car and stayed asleep when I moved him to him bed.  I then planted my garden, well most of it.  I love getting my garden all ready for the yummy vegetables to grow.

By the time I finished the garden the boys were all home from the Father and Sons campout.  They filled the house with all of their gear and ALL of the leftover food.  I figured I was dirty and outside and I might as well get to work on the south side of my house.  This is the part of the yard where we never go and never look at.  It was a disaster, I say WAS because now it is all cleared out.  I hauled so much wood, garbage, weeds, and whatever else was over there to the garbage and made a nice big pile to haul to the dump.

I am beat, I am ready to get in the shower and let the pampering of Mother’s Day begin!!!

3 comments:

Melwel said...

oh man, come and work at my house.... I'm proud of you.
I want to run the cure one time...call me next year.

Unknown said...

You did all that yard work AFTER running the race! Good grief...I'm glad you have all that energy!!!

Chris aka Nana said...

I didn't know Peter was signed in so that previous comment was really from me however I am sure he would agree with every word I wrote!!