Wednesday, November 18, 2009

A budding artist

This afternoon I was downstairs in the basement vacuuming.  I heard Jonah calling for me and instead of ignoring him, I turned off the vacuum and came upstairs.  He was calling me because he wanted his popcorn off the table.  I got his popcorn went to hand it to him and then noticed the PAINTBRUSH with BLACK paint on it in his hand!  I have been working on a piece of furniture, which I will blog about once it is finished, I had the paint brush in a bag sitting on the counter.  I do not know how he got it off the counter, he doesn’t climb.

IMG_1024

So in no particular order here is the list of what Jonah painted.  The back of the front door and curtain hanging on it, the first two carpeted stair going upstairs, the living room front window and tile sill under it, the laundry room door, the bathroom cupboard and door frame, the kitchen floor, a rug in the family room, his slide in the family room, the floor in the family room and I just noticed I missed his booster chair at the table.

Thank goodness it was latex paint and everything except for a bit on the carpet is gone.  And double thank goodness that the bulk of the painting was on the hardwood floors and not the living room carpet!

I got it all cleaned up as Jonah walked around saying “I paint, make a mess”.

3 comments:

Cindy said...

OH NO!!!! Bummer.

p.s. I love wainscoting. (I've never been to your house so this photo was my first glimpse.)

Tiffany said...

Oh dear! He is finally turning into a real toddler!!!

corrine said...

oh my gosh i just found your blog and just read this post. so funny! reminds me of the time jacob (our jacob) took one of those little wooden things you put your golf ball on, what are they called? anyway he used one of those to make pretty artistic markings on the steinway. like dots and lines and big indents on the side of the piano. didn't come out quite like the paint :)