Thursday, March 25, 2010

Across America

Brandon had his 5th grade America program today at school.  Of course I didn’t get there in time to get a good seat (although Kimi did try to save me one) and so I sat at the back.  The songs were great.  Patriotic songs about America and the states.  Brandon was his usual try not to sing, pretend I don’t know the actions, act like I would rather be anywhere but here self.  He had to fill in for someone’s part, he was excited to have the part, but acted like he didn’t know what he was doing.  I tried to just smile and let him be a typical “boy”.  Afterwards I did remind him that the teachers had put a lot of work into the program and it would be O.K. to try and do a good job for them.

As we were driving home I said, I didn’t know you were singing “Today” by Neil Diamond.  He said, Oh do you know that song.  I said I sure do, it is one of my favorite.  I then started singing it thinking of the time Tiffany and I were on our way home from California and were singing it.  I started singing “far, we’ve been traveling far without a hope”….no Mom it is home “oh, without a home, but not without a start”……Mom it is dream.  O.K. so I haven’t heard the song in a long time, but that doesn’t mean I don’t still like it!

IMG_1352

3 comments:

Laur said...

I adore you Melanie Evans

Tiffany said...

I always remember we were singing it on our way TO California, driving through Virgin Canyon (between St. George and Mesquite). Oh well, glad we have the same memory of the song. And as for the words...remember the Kenny Rogers song I thought was "with five hundred children" instead of "five hungry children?"

Kimi said...

Brandon was so funny in that program! I couldn't stop watching him. Never seen someone work so hard to appear disinterested. Hilarious!

And that may be the only picture of Andie, since I forgot my camera! So, thanks for that.