Tuesday, August 24, 2010

My Summer birthday

Yes once again the school district got a bit messed up and thought school was supposed to start in the middle of the summer!  I tried to separate the two, but it was hard.  Hard to be excited for my birthday because that meant school started.  Well I made the most of the day and enjoyed it thoroughly, except for the part where I had to make lunches, get my kids and the million donations they had to take to school, and be home in time for early out!

IMG_2075

Jonah always gets me M&M’s.  I had started the morning with a 4 mile run so I look a bit red.

IMG_2081

There they are, my cute boys.  3rd grade and 6th grade!!!  Jonah cried and cried when I didn’t let him stay at the school.

Lunch and shopping with my BFF, a birthday tradition.  Why didn’t we take a picture?????

IMG_2088

These darling friends came across the street singing happy birthday in English and then once again in their mission languages, Russian, Chinese and Texan.

IMG_2090

I received a text from Bryan while at lunch which read, “I am fully aware that your cake is in shambles”.  It is the thought that counts!

IMG_2091

Jonah baby so happy to hear the singing and to help me blow out the candles.

Bryan, as usual, had family and friends over for cake and ice cream.  It was very nice and fun.  Of course it had to be way short due to the fact that everyone had to get home and get in bed.  I am not bitter or anything.

I LOVE my birthday and I really hope next year it is the way it should be…..in the middle of the summer.

3 comments:

Melwel said...

Looks like a wonderful birthday, once again. It just wouldn't be the same without the green dress.

Unknown said...

Love the dress. You looked beautiful! What was up with the cake???
Oh and put the M&M's in the freezer. taste 10x better.

Tiffany said...

Why didn't we take a picture? Because it was a little higher stress than it should have been... (mainly due to the EARLY OUT factor not the other.)