Thursday, June 25, 2009

12 Years of Wedded Bliss…..

happy couple

Well maybe not everyday of wedded bliss, but here we are happily married 12 years later.  When I think of my wedding day I think of one thing, well actually two.  The first which Bryan still gets in trouble for is that while at our wedding lunch I got up to say goodbye to a friend and when I came back to the table my plate of food was gone.  I asked Bryan where it went and he said, “I thought you were done so I let it be cleared”.   Ahhhhhhhh  I will never forget that.  I was starving the whole day because  we never got anymore food.   I usually get over things fairly quickly, but not when it comes to food!!!  The second thing is that there was something poking me from the sleeve of my wedding dress.  It bugged me all day.  I am over that, I just always remember it.

I have said before that Bryan and I “even” each other out.  We are getting better at listening to each other and knowing when the other needs advice or just someone to listen and not try to solve the problem.  We have had our fair share of trials that could make or break us, we have chosen to make it.  While in the NICU a nurse told us that NICU parents have an 80% divorce rate.  WOW!!!  I can totally see why, it is a very stressful time.  Luckily we relied on each other a lot during that time and survived.

I am grateful for the last 12 years with Bryan.  He is a good, patient and loving husband and father.  Jonah loves Daddy the most if Daddy is around and that suits me just fine.  So here is to another 12 and then another 12 after that and on and on!

To celebrate I made his favorite dinner, calzones and then tomorrow night we are going to stay at Little America.  It is always nice to be able to get away and relax a little bit.

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

Ahhh-what a tender post! You made his favorite dinner? It's not his birthday. What about your favorite dinner?! Ha Ha

Brooke Shoko said...

so cute :) i love you melanie meg.

Unknown said...

sweet. I still remember your wedding day. Bryan is a lucky guy! love you both.

Chris aka Nana said...

Wow you make me feel old. 12 years ago seems an eternity and at the same time it seems like you have been together for ever. Oh, I guess that is still coming.