Monday, March 22, 2010

This is life

Saturday afternoon Brandon came inside to ask me if I would go out and play basketball with him.  I said, yes let me finish (whatever it was I was doing) and then I will come out.  He said, you might want to change your clothes.  I was dressed in regular clothes and with a long sleeve shirt on.  I then said, I think I can play in this and he replied, “you look really hot”.  Like hot as in the weather.  I turned to him and said, “well thank you very much”.  I have never seen him so embarrassed (and Brandon gets embarrassed a lot).  He put his head down and had this grin for quite awhile.  I told him, don’t be embarrassed that you called me hot!

______________________________________________________

And here is the payoff for a successful family night.  Brandon and Jacob who are almost always fighting and arguing CHOSE to fall asleep in the same bed.  And why????  Because they were still laughing and having a good time from a game we played tonight.  Yes, I was what they were laughing at, but hey whatever makes them bond!

IMG_1345

5 comments:

Erin Blake said...

That is so dang cute. And you are hot, he was right.

C.LEE said...

You are a hottie Mel!! Don't you love when your kids laugh and bond? It is my fav!

Kimi said...

Yeah, I think that's my favorite sound; my kids laughing and bonding. I'm so glad you got a picture of that. Frozen in time.

And yeah, you're hot.

Tiffany said...

I told you it is all about the games!!! And having fun.
Very cute pic. But...where did you and Bryan sleep?

Unknown said...

Yes, Mel, you are hot!
love the pic.